Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Anniversary @ 1305

Friday night was crazy at the gallery, but for me it was just an extension of the whole week. A lot of work went into getting up the show, "rivers within." I knew it was a bit presumptuous to host a show of all my work on my anniversary, but I thought it was do-able. It was, just barely. I had to clean up the wreckage today from all the food and alcohol, the gallery smelled so awful. Today the week might finally hit me, I feel like I've been rode hard and put away wet for real.
To top it all off my landlord borrowed the mop, so for now the gallery floor is a bit like the floor of a sugar mill.
I hope I get some people in this month, I haven't really been as prolific in my own work since the gallery opened, so it's been a while for some to have seen my pieces. I think the show looks great and am very proud of myself.
Hope I see some people I've missed. Tues-Sat 11-3 I'm here.

No comments: